About half an hour ago I was in the toilet and I was asking God what I should do after that. Then a couple of ideas came to my head like watching a movie, play guitar, talk to some random ppl online. Okay then God replied, 'Why don't you worship me?' Haha I was like, 'err God I meant ENTERTAINMENT. Worship is not exactly very ENTERTAINING. And plus I'm not in the mood to worship and play guitar right now. And I'm having sorethroat so I can't sing. And my poor nail on my right hand index finger just cracked and I just cut it short yesterday so I can't pluck properly.' Then I realised that was just a whole lot of excuses. Amazing how I can actually think of so many. Haha so I got out of the toilet, picked up my guitar and entered my comfortable air-conned room.
I said, 'Okay God. I'm gonna play in the key of D now alright. That sounds pretty good.' So there I went enjoying my plucking in D. But a few chords later God kinda dragged me to the G key. I was like 'eh wahlao G is so boring man.' But somehow God told me not to change key or stop playing. So I went on plucking and plucking. Just plucking. Then a miracle happened. Okay there wasn't any lightning or thunder or fire shooting down from the sky on the tree outside my window. I just felt very very peaceful. I'm not even playing what I'm playing, in fact I believe God was the one playing. I didn't sing probably because God knew how bad I would sound with my sorethroat. I was just enjoying God's presence in the room and praising Him in my heart.
The thing is, after the worship ended, I just can't recall what I played. But I knew it was kinda like a hybrid of bass notes and melody at the high notes and it sounded super nice and I really loved it. I tried to figure them out but I just can't get the exact same thing. Then at that point of time, God spoke to me, saying, 'Hey kid. That's the meaning of worship. It's when you let me take control. I can do what you can't.' I was like, 'Woh-ho-ho. Now THAT IS damn cool man.' Hahaha and He impressed upon my heart that what He did on my guitar just then was just a small spark compared to the measure of how much He can do through me.
At that moment I really believed that with God in control of worship, we can definitely bring it to the next level - something way beyond what we can do. For some of you it may be something 'duh' maybe coz you've heard it alot of times or whatever. But for me it served as a really good reminder in which to what extent am I actually allowing God to take over my life right now. Yeah man thank God and I feel really prepared for service tmr!
YEAHH! I FEEL AS STRONG AS SAMSON NOW THOUGH I JUST HAD A HAIRCUT TODAY! WHEE!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment